Monday, August 3, 2009

Blown Away

The students in my class are simply amazing. Some of them have been taking English since they were 4 years old. I came prepared to teach them basic vocabulary and find that they are so far beyond that. Each night have have been raising the rigor of my lessons until I find that they can do much of what High School kids and beyond in the US. Wow! These kids are so excited about learning I can't even talk them into taking their 10 minute breaks between class.

My biggest challenge is helping them to smile. I find myself laughing at my own jokes and they look at me like "was that supposed to be funny?" I taught them how to do "Cupid's Shuffle" yesterday. They got it completely without enthusiasum, today I said one of the requirements of the dance is to SMILE! They quickly obeyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment