Saturday, July 18, 2009

Cambodia...so beautiful

While I was on the airplane I read an article about the "Teachings of Tea" or the tea cermony practiced by the Japanese called chado. The path of tea is measured according to the four principles of harmony, respect, purity, and tranquility. One of the chado principles advises us to "Find perfection in imperfection." This thought was on my mind as we began to discover Cambodia.

There is so much history here in Siem Reap, the centuries-old temples, the lost city of Angkor, the ruins everywhere of a civilization that disappeared. Today a city with gorgeous hotels amongst a people who's average income is less than $400 a year living in shanties. Then you interact with these beautiful, humble people with loving souls that bow to you with their hands in upward prayer position and sense more inner beauty than you can behold. This on top of the foliage and the landscape that is absolutely breath taking. My words to describe this place are weak for what a lovely place this is. I would never have known I would feel this way about Cambodia, my prior knowledge of this place is so limited.

No comments:

Post a Comment