Friday, July 17, 2009

Can you say Jet Lag?

Today I flew from Seattle to San Francisco to Korea to Siem Reap, Cambodia. Talk about a long flight, it was about 12 hours from San Fran to Korea and then another 5 hours to Cambodia. The service on the Asiana Airlines is the very best.

First of all the flight attendants are these darling little Asian girls with perfect skin and a natural desire to be helpful. They wait on you hand and foot, they feed you constantly (not necessarily an upside unless you love Kim Chee) and it is an experience many American-type Airlines could learn many things from.

When we finally arrived in Cambodia, we were exhausted. The hotels in Siem Reap are very Indonesian in style and are absolutely beautiful. They remind me of the movie "Anna and the King," in fact when I looked out of my room in the morning as I looked at the building and the landscape I had a personal debate as to whether this was the movie set itself. The tropical landscape is lush with gorgeous flowers and foliage.
The furniture in the hotel and by the pool is the heavy teak wood that is famous from this part of the world.
Check out the website @ www.pacifichotel.com.kh The pictures on the website are not that great but you might get the idea. The hotel strip is a string of 4-5 Star Hotels mixed with very simple businesses of the locals and plenty of fruit stands.

I am digging all the fruit here, my favorite new one to add to my list is Dragon Fruit. It is so ME! Hot pink fruit, with white flesh, with lots of little dark seeds. It looks like a pink Kolorabi and tastes similiar to a Kiwi.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah mom! I'm glad you made it safe! I'm already feeling jealous of all your adventures. Eat some of that yummy fruit for me. And post some pictures when you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete