Monday, July 27, 2009

Gestures-A Universal Language

I am now at Korean University about 2 hours from Seoul. I will tell you more about our adventures in Seoul. Shopping in Seoul makes shopping in Canal street in New York look like the mini-mart!!! So without saying much more you can imagine the kind of joy I was feeling in Seoul.

Yesterday was the opening day of the school for teaching English. All these darling Korean kids came in with their parents and they had a bunch of activities. Before the activities began they divided up the kids and I got a group of rowdy 3rd graders. (Understatement!) Anyway my task was to get my group to scream the loudest to win the competition, and being the competitive soul that I am I got those kids worked up to a frenzie and they were climbing off the walls. One of the little darlings, was jumping all over the place and I gave him the evil eye... the little stinker flipped me the bird! Thankfully I had just used the restroom, because it was so unexpected and I about lost it laughing my head off!

I am pretty sure he had no idea what it meant but he knew it was not acceptable and was trying to see my reaction to his small but powerful display of defiance! Kids are kids, a universal fact!!

Luckily, he is not in my class, as I have the oldest and most fluent kids. I have some great stories to tell already. So there will be more tales for another day.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I love the mental image of the kid flipping you off. Just goes to show, kids are kids, no matter where you are.

    ReplyDelete