Thursday, July 30, 2009

Korea is Famous For....

Teaching children is always a joy and an adventure. They make me glad I'm alive and cause me to chuckle. The other day I was sharing a powerpoint about myself with the kids and had pictures of what Washington State is famous for. They yelled out the names of Bill Gates, Starbucks, etc. as they saw the pictures on the powerpoint. I asked them to tell me what they thought S. Korea is known for. I meant things like imports and exports, maybe technology. One little boy raised his hand and said "Kim Chi"

They crack me up! My students are on the average 13 years of age but they look much younger. They are beautiful children and bright as the stars. They go to regular school during the day, cram school at night, and now are going to English school during the summer. Their whole life exsists around education at this point. They are little sponges. Yesterday I asked how long they have been learning English and they told me they have been learning it since they were four. Amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment